Saturday, May 06, 2006

Travel Cheap with FAM Trips! Perks for Travel Agents

Podcast Number Sixty

Lorene returns from her FAM trip to Hawaii. What's a FAM trip? It is a familiarization trip offered to travel agents so they can become familiar with the destination that they are selling. Quite often these trips are offered at unbelievably low prices. Lorene was on a FAM trip with GoGo World Wide Vacations to become familiar with Hawaii as a destination. Lorene stays at the Hilton Waikoloa Village and describes her stay and adventures that result from this FAM trip.

Here I am at 7:00 p.m. on Sunday evening with very little research and no show notes on the topic that I wanted to cover for Part 4 of Starting a Home Based Travel Business. It has been a very busy weekend and one of the contributing factors to the overall flurry of activity has been the weather here in West Michigan. We've had a beautiful weekend. So, I hope you forgive me but I'm going to put Part 4 off until next weekend. I know I wouldn't do the topic justice if I tried to squeeze something in to the podcast tonight.

If you would like to subscribe to the podcast and you need a program that lets you do that then check out the Juice Podcast Aggregator. You download and install this program and then you can search for podcasts from within the Juice program or you can find podcasts and copy and past the RSS feeds of the podcast in to Juice.

Check out the short format, five-minute, travel podcasts at the Podcaster News Network!

Stop by my travel business site Special Destinations where you can just browse or create your own account and blog.

Thank you for listening to the Home Based Travel Agent Podcast. You can email me at barry@hometravelagent.net or email Lorene at sharptongued@mac.com

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris from the Amateur Traveler said...

Sounds like we could run into each other in Ontario at the podcaster conference. I look forward to meeting you.

Chris Christensen
Amateur Traveler
http://AmateurTraveler.com

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

#